No matter how your 2016 went (or didn’t go) the question we all have to ask ourselves is, “What is my plan to make 2017 better than 2016?”
Maybe your 2016 was a matter of being out-performed by the competition. Maybe 2016 could have been better if you had anticipated some critical changes to your industry or the market, and had been better prepared.
Maybe 2016 is a blur for you because you weren’t paying attention for one reason or the other.
Regardless of how you feel about your 2016 if you don’t have a plan for 2017 you are probably going to get more of the same.
We’re not talking about making New Years resolutions, we’re talking about figuring out what “success” is going to look like for you in 2017 and developing a strategy for realizing that success.
- Where do you want to be at the end of 2017?
- What do you want to have at the end of 2017?
- What do you have to do in 2017?
- What do you want to do in 2017?
- Who’s assistance is necessary for your success in 2017?
- Who do you need to get out of your way in 2017?
- What obstacles are in your way in 2017?
- What advantages do you have on your side in 2017?
Hope is not a strategy. If we are going to get what we want, live the life that we want, have the relationships that we want in 2017 we are going to have to have a game plan.
Not only do we have a have a strategy, we have to have the skills necessary to execute that strategy, so part of our plan for 2017 needs to be ways that we intend to sharpen our skills and abilities.
Essentially, we have to figure out what it takes to get what we want and do those things every day. We can’t take a day off from living into our purpose and executing our plan.
- Big Wave Dave
- 469-939-0410 Mobile